Apple Inc. is set to unveil a new $100 billion commitment to expand domestic manufacturing in the United States, a White House official said on Wednesday.
The move marks a fresh investment aimed at bolstering the country’s industrial capacity, as the Trump administration intensifies its push to bring manufacturing jobs back to American soil.
According to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the pledge represents a new financial commitment and aligns with President Donald Trump’s ongoing tariff-driven trade agenda designed to reshore critical manufacturing.
This comes months after Apple announced in February that it plans to invest $500 billion in the U.S. over four years. That package includes a major new facility in Texas dedicated to producing artificial intelligence servers and the creation of 20,000 research and development jobs nationwide.
Apple has not publicly commented on the latest $100 billion pledge.
The tech giant has felt the impact of recent trade tensions. In the June quarter alone, tariffs imposed under Trump’s policies reportedly cost Apple $800 million.
The increased costs prompted some customers to purchase iPhones earlier than planned, and Apple has continued shifting parts of its supply chain outside China. iPhones for the U.S. market are increasingly sourced from India, while products like MacBooks and Apple Watches are being produced in Vietnam.
Despite some of Apple’s products being exempt from current tariffs, the overall tariff landscape remains uncertain.
“Today’s announcement with Apple is another win for our manufacturing industry that will simultaneously help reshore the production of critical components to protect America’s economic and national security,” White House spokeswoman Taylor Rogers said in a statement.
White House economic adviser Kevin Hassett had earlier hinted at the investment during a Fox Business Network appearance, noting Apple was among the companies likely to announce new financial pledges.

