• Home
  • RMAFC denies reports of oil…

RMAFC denies reports of oil wells transfer to states

RMAFC unveils revenue collection software

The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission has rejected a media report claiming that certain disputed crude oil and gas wells have been slated for transfer to specific oil-producing states, stressing that no such decision has been made.

In a statement released on Sunday, RMAFC Chairman Dr. Mohammed Shehu said the commission had noted a “purported report allegedly issued by the Inter-Agency Committee on the Verification of Coordinates of Disputed Crude Oil and Gas Wells between States,” which has been circulating in parts of the national media, including coverage on ARISE News.

The commission noted that the report suggested recommendations had already been made to transfer certain oil wells to specific states.

However, it described the report as “misleading, premature, and not reflective of the position or conclusions of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.”

“At this stage, there is no finalised recommendation or decision regarding the ceding or reallocation of any oil wells, as due institutional processes are still ongoing,” the statement read.

The commission said it follows a clear and transparent procedure for handling matters of national importance, emphasizing that the review of the disputed oil wells is not yet complete.

It added that it only received a draft report from the inter-agency committee on Friday, February 13, 2026.

“Consistent with established protocol, the draft document has been transmitted to relevant technical and statutory stakeholders, namely the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission, the National Boundary Commission, and the Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation, for detailed review, observations, and technical input,” the commission stated.

The statement said that once the agencies’ observations and recommendations are received, the matter will undergo further review by the commission’s internal tripartite committees, including the Committee on Crude Oil, Gas, and Investment and the Legal Matters Committee.

“These committees will undertake comprehensive technical and legal reviews before presenting their findings to the Plenary Session of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission for deliberation and final recommendations,” it added.

The commission further stated that once its internal processes are completed, the final report will be formally submitted to the President and the Attorney-General of the Federation for necessary review and action in accordance with applicable laws and constitutional provisions.

“In view of the above clearly established procedures, the Commission considers the report currently circulating in the media as speculative, inaccurate, and capable of misleading the public,” the statement read.

RMAFC therefore urged the public, stakeholders, and media organisations to disregard the purported report and wait for official communication once the statutory review process is completed.

The commission reaffirmed its dedication to transparency, due process, and the fair execution of its constitutional responsibilities in the national interest.